Game night is a great way to spend time together as a family. Cranium is a popular board game for four or more players that many families choose for their family fun night. The concept focuses on trivia questions, and each player has a chance to showcase his own area of expertise. The object is to be the first team to make it around the board and enter the Cranium Central. The spaces on the board are colored, and the color you land on depicts the character card box your team will draw from.
- Divide players into at least two teams. Instruct each team to choose its game piece and place it on the Planet Cranium starting space.
- Provide each team with paper and a pencil. Place the four card character boxes out on the board (Creative Cat, Star Performer, Word Worm, Date Head). Place the timer, the die and the Cranium Clay container on the table.
- The first team must choose its character box and draw a card. Follow instructions on the card. The player whose birthday is closest is the first player to go on the team.
- Roll the die and move the appropriate number of spaces only if your team has completed the character card activity successfully; otherwise, pass the play to the team on the left. Stop on any Planet Cranium spaces you pass over during your move forward. Advance forward to the next Planet Cranium if you roll purple.
- Advance to the inner fast track if you successfully complete the task from the Planet Cranium card. Remain on the outer scenic track if you do not complete the task.
- Pass the play to the team on the left after you have advanced your playing piece.
- Halt the game when a Club Cranium card is drawn. All teams follow the instructions on the card to compete simultaneously against each other in a bonus round. The winning team receives a bonus roll.
- The winning team rolls and moves. Continue play with the team whose turn it was before the bonus round.
- Enter the Cranium Central at the end of the game board. When you roll, advance to the appropriate character box as indicated by the color rolled on the die.
- Complete the activity in Cranium Central. Advance to the next character in clockwise motion. Wait for your next turn to complete that activity.
A team wins when it is the first to complete the four activities in Cranium Central.